Forum Machete,Modelism,Hobby: I.A.R. Brasov 109 Ga-6's - Forum Machete,Modelism,Hobby

Salt la continut

Pagina 1 din 1
  • Nu puteti crea un topic nou
  • Nu puteti replica pe acest topic

I.A.R. Brasov 109 Ga-6's

#1 Useril este offline   JuanPa 

• Nou venit
  • Grup: Members
  • Postari: 3
  • Inregistrat: 02-April 08

Postat 02 April 2008 - 12:03 PM

Dear Friends

Sorry about the language but I can only read a little the Roumanian...

I'm looking for all the information available about the Messerschmitt Bf-109 Ga-6 built for I.A.R. in Brasov. Can you help me?. What's the colour for the cockpit interior, RLM 66 as the german's ones?. I'm just buying the Radu Brinzan's decals (thanks again, Radu, for the great idea!) and I very excited with the topic of the Roumanian Messers...

Thanks a lot/Muchas Gracias

Juan Pablo Gil
Albacete/Spain

#2 Useril este offline   1-0-9 

• Membru senior
  • Grup: Moderator
  • Postari: 4947
  • Inregistrat: 10-December 04

Postat 02 April 2008 - 02:40 PM

Welcome Juan!

Very very hard to say....
most of the B/W pictures show a quite dark color in the cockpit but we can only speculate what it is.
I don't know of any records on the official colours used on these planes. Also, there are no colour pictures of IAR built 109G as far as I know.
Maybe some will surface ...

#3 Useril este offline   radub 

• Membru senior
  • Grup: Members
  • Postari: 2061
  • Inregistrat: 13-August 05

Postat 02 April 2008 - 03:39 PM

My suggestion is to go with RLM66, but only as an educated guess.
The truth is that no one know what colours were used on the IAR-built Bf109s. At the time when they were manufactured, Romania was not allied with Germany anymore and production went on well beyond the end of WW2. Therefore, it is safe to assume that IAR had no access to german-manufactured paint. In all my research, I could not come up with anything. There was a mention of locally-mixed paints to match the German colours, but it is unclear what particular colours those were and how accurately they were mixed. After 1950, many Romanian aircraft were painted in Russian colours, particulalrly Russian AII blue for the exterior (and pretty much everything else). There is a partial photo of a Bf109 with red stars painted in overall AII blue, and the landing gear legs are AII blue also, as well as the propeller blades.
There is a fair chance (but no proof of any kind) that if the interior of the cockpit was repainted (let us say after repairs or overhaul), it was repainted with Russian primers, such as A14 metal primer.
I am sorry that I could not be more accurate than that, but the truth is that no one really knows for sure...
Radu

Arata acest topic

Pagina 1 din 1
  • Nu puteti crea un topic nou
  • Nu puteti replica pe acest topic

1 useri citesc topicul
0 membri, 1 vizitatori, 0 utilizatori anonimi